chinchilla on the loose

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Top 10 Shows I Miss...

Wonder Years – Yes, even though I know where the nickname Scrote comes from now. And even though I don’t understand boys’ obsession with frigid Winnie Cooper – who looked a little like she got hit in the face with something flat.

My So Called Life – Because high school really was a war zone that you dreaded going to every day, and the Jordan Catalano’s of the world made out of it alive while others didn’t. And because Brian is so sweet. And because “You’re so beautiful, it hurts to look at you”

Beverly Hills 90210 – Because it’s the total opposite of MSCL: completely unrealistic and unidentifiable to most of us. Let’s see – Kelly went through how many deaths, drug addictions, boyfriends (I think she went through every one in the crew at some point), eating disorders….blah blah blah. At one point I lived with 4 girls, and FX played these 4 times a day – I have seen the whole run of the show at least three times and could still space out to it.

Unsolved Mysteries – Did any of you stay up on a Friday night, turn the lights off, get a snack and watch this show by yourself? Geeze – was that guy’s voice ever creepy???!!!!

Melrose Place – Just because of the drama.

OJ Simpson Trial – Ok, it wasn’t a show, but it was on for a while and now it’s not. And now there is a stupid book out that might as well be confession. I love America, but I was embarrassed for the justice system, and now there are lemons, limes and jalapeños being rubbed into that wound. But none the less, it was fascinating, the way that you can’t stop looking at a car accident as you drive by….cringing yet interested. And he’s sitting back, and laughing at it all. Also, throw in the JonBenet saga – which isn’t over yet, much to my chagrin.

Beavis and Butthead – I know you can get it on DVD or whatever, but it really isn’t the same without the original music videos. And were does morning wood come from anyway? They never found out!

Fraggle Rock – This is one that I miss, but wouldn’t want to revisit. It just wouldn’t be the same and it would probably end up being a spoiled memory. I’d rather keep the Doozers and the Gorgs as a fond memory.

Pop Up Video – I miss music videos in general. And not the same 3 videos over and over again between 7-7:15am. Really, there are other artists than Fergie and Christina out there. Anyway, ya, on that show I discovered many magical secrets, like the genius behind the Jamiroquai video! Priceless.

Animaniacs – I think Pinky and the Brain were my favorite. What was yours? I’ve tried to DL them these days, but it always comes through in German. Wtf? Figures the darn Germans would like that!

4 Comments:

Blogger P said...

You know me and my passion for TV. The very idea of 90210 causes my neurons to scream incomprehensible profanities and commit seppuku. However, I find that it's not so much what's on but rather who you're watching with that matters most, so while I haven't been watching that much of anything, what's a bunch of neurons if I'm watching something with you?

Now, if I had to name a show that I actually miss... I think it might be Roseanne, but the early stuff, before Roseanne pulled an Allan Alda on it and made it all serious and deep and shit, and before she started going nutty in private life, and before John Goodman got turfed from the show 'cause they didn't get along and everything was nuts. I enjoyed it when it was lighthearted and silly. Apparently the last season was totally nuts but I wasn't even paying attention by then...

11:32 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

I used to be a HUGE Roseanne fan. Pun intended. I think I totally overkilled it. I'll watch it sometimes when I come home drunk and it's on at 3 am or something. But this was a list of shows that no longer air.

The last season sucked old man balls. She made everyone flaming and thought she was on the edge of hipness or something. There was nothing to it. It was sad.

11:17 AM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

Also, I would like to add Muppet Babies to this list.

11:19 AM  
Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I loved this cartoon called Histeria! It was educational, to a point. I miss 90210 too.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home