chinchilla on the loose

Monday, October 30, 2006

Mars

Ugghhhh.....another weekend is over. My life is flying by - except when I'm in the office.
The weekend was good.....but blurry. Firday night I saw Pepper with Gus....they were opening up for some one and we were the oldest people there. It was a little sad. But the headlining band is pretty immature sounding so it figures. I believe I read a review once that called them a cheap Sublime knock off. That can't feel good!

So I've been totally sleep deprived and I've started doing wacky things like talking in my sleep and not being able to seperate my dreams from reality. But it's realy nice when you meet some one who's company you enjoy so much that you don't want to go to sleep and you end up doing something totally dorky like playing Trivial Pursuit in bed so that you could stay awake and spend more time with him. So that was my saturday night - well, after spending some time with an excon and watching some friends do a wierd durg they brought back from Prague, and playing spin the bottle in a Dumb and Dumber tux.

My friend just broke up with his girlfriend of three years. I totally thought they were going to make it. He said that at the age of 27 mars returns to the same position as it was at the time of your birth, and that makes your 27th year of age one filled with a feeling of emotional connection to one's self and huge life changes. It's probably BS, but 27 has been a pretty wierd age for a lot of people i know! I feel like I defnitely see some things now and A LOT has changed since my birthday - mostly for the better = ) Maybe it's my quarter-life crisis, or maybe it's Mars.

2 Comments:

Blogger P said...

Must... not... rain... on astrological parade... but I'm such a bitch of science. Ahhh...

My main gripe with astrology is not that it's mystical and unscientific and very 560AD, though. It's the idea that supernatural forces beyond our control have a direct, consequential, potentially insurmountable effects on our life that pisses me off. Now, I'm not a crazy right-wing nut type person, and I don't think that people are completely self-determined; if someone's momma drank while they were in the womb and they end up a huge asshole because of it, that's a sad and unfortunate thing, and while it doesn't really make the assholishness easier to bear, it's not really their fault and as a society we should pity their terrible condition (as we throw them in jail, no doubt). The brain is a fragile thing and all sorts of things like that can screw people up hopelessly and permanently. Not to mention traumatic experiences and that kind of stuff. However, if some fucker tells me that I can never be happy with you because the sun rose in the wrong constellation the day I was born and Jupiter was too close to Saturn, I will stab them in their goddamn mouth, and I will keep stabbing until they shut the fuck up, which ought to be only once, but some people are slow learners.

7:06 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

That is such a typical effing response for a Leo!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home