chinchilla on the loose

Monday, October 16, 2006

Got Zoloft?

I had a great weekend! Up until it was time to go to work this morning, life was really good! Did the corn maze thing on Friday night. I’m not sure if it was scary, but it was definitely disorienting and could have made me go crazy if I didn’t get out when I did. We brought plenty of booze and I had to pee in the corn field – which is totally a first, and was a little creepy. Carved pumpkins and drank Bailey’s on Saturday (which is my official drink of the holiday season) and watched scary movies. It was very seasonal! I love Halloween!!!

On Sunday, we won our soccer game and I’m not used to winning. It was a really fun game. Spent some time with the parents, and then the weekend was topped off with an awesome massage! Then, alarm goes off, and BAM! It’s fucking Monday!

Work sucks. I want to be rich. Filthy, sinfully, dirty, rich. I want to be rich enough so I can go to the Prada store with my tennis coach (who I’m doing on the side, btw) and say things like “I’m so over poor people”. They say that when you’re super rich you can’t appreciate anything because you didn’t work for it. But I think that’s what us suckers say to ourselves so we don’t blow our brains out on a Monday morning.

I mean think about it. No, money doesn’t buy you happiness. But it buys your time and freedom. Time is the only completely limited resource in your life. Every second you spend at work is another second that you’re not living your life to the fullest. And all this BS about appreciating things? They’re just things and we’re not supposed to appreciate things anyway. We’re supposed to appreciate things like love and sunlight and puppies and kittens and friendship and an ice cube on the back of the neck after climbing to the peak of a mountain with a 360 view on a warm fall day! And these things are priceless any way.

Doesn’t buy you happiness, but it buys you time and freedom to find it, create it and savor it.

HAPPY MONDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home