chinchilla on the loose

Thursday, October 05, 2006

HairCuts and Friends

So I got a haircut. I avoid going to get my hair cut or trimmed as much as possible. Not because I’m cheap, but because I’m not a good waiter. I hate waiting for things. But recently I went and got about 4 inches taken off my hair. At first I hated it but it’s really growing on me (no pun intended). It definitely looks healthier! But hairdressers perplex me. First of all, they never take off as much as I ask them to. This last time I said 4 inches, but I think she only took 2 so I had to get her to do it all over again. This happens when I get a trim too, but I don’t usually ask them to fix it. I have 2 theories on this, either they don’t want people to be pissed if it looks too short (because you can’t fix that) or they want you to come back more often and spend more of your hard earned money. It’s probably a bit of both. Furthermore, they all say you have to trim it to keep it growing? WTF? I don’t get that!!!?? Hair grows from the roots, not the tips and as far as I know hair is made of completely dead protein. Dead cells don’t do anything, let alone communicate anything to the roots. Can some one explain this to me?

So my friends say that a hair cut is good. That getting out of my comfort zone is good is good at a time like this.
My friends say everything will be ok, I won’t be a cat lady.
Friends say I am a good apple and they are all at the top of the tree, and it takes braver and better men to reach up there.
My older brother says I should date the guy who I would never give a chance to, like the driven lawyer with a bach pad decked out in black leather (or whatever those guys deco with these days) uptown.
My younger brother says……….he’s hungry = )
My friend says she never saw a spark with him and I.
My friend says I need a rebound!
Friends are good. Thank you, friends. You have all made me happier. Thank you for inviting me over to make muffins and watch S3x and the City. Thank you for keeping me occupied at work. Thank you for drinking with me. Sorry for crying at that bar (yikes)! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You are good friends.

I have one friend that’s not so good – 007. 007, you are very self absorbed. How long did you know me before you knew I had any brothers?

007 and I are supposed to be friends now. For a long time he wanted more but I did not. Last Sunday he called me out of the blue to see how I’m doing. I tell him about some of the things I’m going through and almost cry on the phone and he says I’ll be alright. For once the conversation isn’t about him, it’s about me and my sad heart and I can vent vent vent. I’m surprised and impressed. I get to my soccer game and tell him I might want to vent more later.

Five hours later he calls back, talks for 10 minutes with nothing but the strategically placed “uhuh” from me – sinceriously. Goes into every detail of the fight him and his gf just had – and he’s obviously been drinking – then proceeds to invite me on the Virgin Islands trip instead of her and throws in that the 3 passwords on his computers still have to do with my name or my dog’s name. Now I don’t want to be or sound conceited – but that passes as a pass in my book. A pass from an ass. Really, 007? Did you really think it was a good idea to hit on me the day I tell you about all of my problems and issues and that I am recently “single”? It’s an awful idea! AWFUL! APALLING AND CLASSLESS!

I wanted to call you back and tell you how selfish you are and how much you ruined my day and evening. But I knew that you might be bummed that you upset me and that it didn’t work…….But you will never GET it.

4 Comments:

Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

007 sounds like such an ass, do I know him? And if you like, I will kick him for you. He sounds like he needs a good kick.

4:03 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

Ugh! You don't know him - and luckily he's not around much any more. I feel bad for his gf though - and I wonder if she knows she's second best.

1:08 PM  
Blogger P said...

I wonder if he's bsing. I can't form coherent thoughts right now, but my pessimistic cynicism allows for such things - he's going after you to hurt or piss off his gf, or both, and it doesn't matter how he gets there. Or it's an escapist thing for him, maybe. Not healthy, at any rate, to have a fight with the gf and immediately turn around and start scheming with someone lese. Where's the grieving? Shouldn't there be grieving?

1:45 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

There should defnitely be grieving. I'm guessing he's not BS'ing. He always drops hints about how he's not in love with her the same way, blah blah blah. Which is probably why he's not supposed to be talking to me.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home