chinchilla on the loose

Monday, November 20, 2006

I love this time of year - which is a new thing for me. Christmas and all that goes with were resurrected for me last year by the ex. Before him I had never had a boyfriend that got into holidays, any holidays - unless you count Superbowl Sunday. But he was just so excited about them that I guess it became contageous. We had a tree together = (

I love excuses for my family and loved ones to get together. The consumerism aspects of it aside I will always enjoy Thanksgiving through Christmas from now on! And if I have children I will spoile them rotten so they always have fond memories.

So this year I'm going to cook too much food and eat massive amounts of turkey drenched in gravy!

I'm going to decorate my place!

I'm going to hopefully find the perfect thing for everyone I care about without having to go to the stupid mall or feeling like a dirty consumer!

I'm going to listen to cheesy holiday music!

I'm going to take time off on random days! And I'm going to sleep in!

I'm going to drink too much wine and Bailey's! And I'm gonig to try to get my friends to do the same!

I'm going to wear big warm socks!

I'm going to be cheesy and wrap presents for my dog and put them under the Christmas tree with the rest of the stuff! And then I'm going to watch him rip into them!

I'm going to make a cheesy list of stuff I'm thankful for!

I'm going to make new years resolutions! I'm going to resolve to cut down on cussing like I do every year and fail again!

I'm going to have eater's remorse!

I'm going to try to make home made egg nog!

I'm going to complain about carp and annoy my dad like I do every year!

I'm going to hope for a white christmas!

I'm going to put lights outside on my tiny porch!

7 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I'm all over that eggnog idea. We should independently develop our own brands of eggnog and then compare notes to see how things turned out. And then make improved versions and get really smashed.

Do you guys still do that 6th of December Polish dealy? I'm thinking of surprising sis with one of those 'chocolate orange' things and a wheel of smoked cheese (there's always room for cheese).

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, Here. Sounds like a good plan, I may have to borrow some of your ideas. Although, Carp will NOT be one of them. Nasty fish

7:36 AM  
Blogger P said...

Mmmm. Carp. Grandma used to make this thing that's best described as carp jello, and it wasn't fruit flavoured or anything, and there wasn't always room for it. It ended up being a pan-shaped blob of gelatinous stuff with fish bits in it. Yum!

8:32 AM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

My grandma made the same jello-y thing - it seems that people would be looking for additiona ways to present a gross fish like carp - but hey, to each their own!

I actually don't know what 6th of December thing you're talking about?

11:54 AM  
Blogger P said...

Hmmm, maybe you were too young to remember? Anyhow, the 6th is St. Nicholas day. The story I've heard is that it was a wealthy man who gave gifts to the poor on his birthday (and presumably performed at least two miracles and became a saint). That's not quite right according to the semi-official story, but close enough. At any rate the 6th was the day that, as kids, we got small presents and treats and candy. Stocking stuffers, basically.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Inorganik said...

I'm happy to hear you are still getting stoked about the holidays! I think though that you and I had a tree together should be =) because its a happy memory.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Inorganik said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home