chinchilla on the loose

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Travelling and Sushi

Coming back to this frigid cold has definitely made a little more appreciative of my time in Phoenix (yes, I learned how to spell it). It's not the most beautiful, or exciting, or diverse city, but it was 50 degrees warmer than it was here, which is good enough!

Despite a couple of snags, I had an awesome weekend and ate too much, drank too much and spent too much money. The highlight (other than Gus successfully finishing some crazy ass race) had to be getting into the Mariott at the Buttes in Tempe (a resort built on the side of the mountain) where we spent the afternoon chatting it up and watching the sunset from the mountainside hot tub and sipping on LIT's. The desert is home to some beautiful sunsets, and I'm a such a sucker for palm trees.

I love to travel, and I want to go to so many places. I wish they'd let my dog on planes. I want to go to Australia because the beaches and the mountains and the architecture look so beautiful. Also, because some of my favorite most laid back people I've ever met are from Australia, and everyone that goes to visit says that they are some of the most friendliest people in the world. I also want to go to New Zealand, because hey, it's sooooo green, and if I'm already in Australia...OOoohh and so I can see the toilet swirl the other way!!! And my god the sushi!

I want to go to Hawaii, over and over again, because - have you ever seen it? But this time, I want to do real things, not just sitting on the beach because everyone is busy eating and no one wants to do anything with me. Most of all I want to do the sunrise volcano bike ride - 20km of downhill bike riding from 4am til past sunset, with wine and food and fresh Maui air. And my god, the sushi!

In all fairness I don't need much and would be happy to be anywhere where there is beach, sun, warm weather, and the ones I care about to share it all with. I even like going to the local reservoir, where you can sneak in with the pups and let them run around in the water, while floating around on some sort of floatie toy with some sort of drink in a Nalgene bottle, HEAVILY ICED. If you close your eyes and listen, the soft waves "lapping ashore" almost make you feel like being at the ocean. And afterward, I can always get some sushi!

One of these days I might just grow a pair and open a beachside sushi restaurant in some tropical location, and when I do you're all invited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home