chinchilla on the loose

Monday, December 25, 2006

2007?

With breakfast brunch and the second round of A Christmas story, and work looming tomorrow, Christmas is pretty much over. I know it last all day, but for Ukraininas, most of it takes place the Eve before. We didn't have to eat carp because the Russian store sold out of it, yes, someone, anyone sold out of carp. In keeping with Ukrainian orthadox tradition, we did still stick to fish on the Eve.

And now, 2007 is around the corner. This year, my car will turn 10 years old! I remember getting it like it was yesterday. Bright shiny blue/green color, and no one will ever agree on the color with me. Only 18K miles on it. The odometer died about 5 years ago, so who knows now?
Thank you mom and dad!!!!!!!

Bishop will turn 4 and maybe he'll stop being as much of a puppy and not hit his blind side on thing (my dog is missing his left eye). And maybe he'll stop needing 10 minutes of hardcore excercise every day, no matter how frigid it is outside!

I will turn 28 - which menas I'll only have two years to go before, gulp, 30. I'll have only two years to stop being a college kid and try to feel like an adult. I don't know if this is possible - I don't feel like an adult ever, not even when I dish out $130 on the electric bill.

So on top of my new year's resolutions, I need to set some goals for the next two years - the stuff I feel like I should have done.

I feel like I should get rid of my credit card debt completely, so I will try to get rid of half a year over the next two years.

I feel like I should try to figure out what I really want to do with my career - not my job, but my career. I can't go on being dead 40 hours a week for the rest of my life.

I need to figure out what I want in life in general. I doubt I'll ever have enough money to have children AND live a travelling life with early retirement/or part time employment. So what do I want? Freedom? or a family?

Maybe some answers will come to me next year - that would make it a lucky seven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home