chinchilla on the loose

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Let the Partying Begin!!!!!!

So the day off was pretty worthless as far as Christmas shopping was concerned, but great as far as avoiding the totaly panicky burn out I was facing during my last few hours on Wednesday. It was quite productive in some ways; I woke up before 8am, went to the gym and took the dog to the park all before the Price is Right!

Then I cleaned to avoid going shopping.

But eventually I gave in. The one idea of brilliance I had as far as some friends were concerned failed because the store was out of something specific. It's not something you can get just anywhere either. ICK. They ordered more - but anyone living out of the country might have their gift delayed. Then I went idea shopping for my mommy who's always difficult to shop for. Looked at thousands of cute things but no luck. Then I went to look for ugly sweaters again - found a super ugly sweater vest - with gems. And at the same thrift store I got a teeny tree and some decorations all for under $9! My first own tiny 2ft tree!

After a late lunch at home I hit the mall again - you know which one, the salene infested one by my house with the sooooooo wrong kids play area where little girls and boys ride huge sausages and bananas, and not side saddle - so disturbing. I have been at this mall more in the last week than I have been in the last three months. I got my mommy off the list, and that's about it after two hours of walking around.

Part of the reason I didn't get any more off the list, is because neither of my two brothers called me back yesterday when I left them messages saying I was taking the day off and wanted to get all my shopping done in one day. Why not? Because theyr'e lazy. I just wanted to know if they wanted anything and if they had any idea for the rents. But like effing usual they slacked and of course had no ideas. What else is fucking new. Every birthday, aniversary or mom/dad's day I get stuck doing the shopping and the creative thinking. Why? Because they can't be counted on. Either they would slack til the very last minute until I was sweating it, or they wouldn't get it done at all. It really pisses me off! Being a guy is not an excuse not be able to get your shit together and do something considerate! It's the same kind of bullshit that goes on in offices, wome are almost always the ones that get stuck planning events and dept parties and birthday celebrations and all that crap. And I'm fucking sick of it.

That being said, I love gift giving. And I'm so happy that even though these holidays, and all others are commercial infested, I think it's good that there are days to remind us to do nice things for people.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Let the partying begin!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! Bring on the parties!!!! Can't wait to see you tonight babe!!! :-)

6:09 AM  
Blogger P said...

We men sure suck a lot.
Wars? Men.
Famine? Men.
Weapons of mass destruction? Men.
Disease? Men having sex with farm animals.
Poverty? Men.
Laziness? Men.
Global warming? Men.
Police brutality? Men.
Overfishing? Men.
Racism? Men.
Traffic? Men.
Burning down a sorting plant in Mississauga? Definitely men.

Men clearly don't deserve fancy presents that might be delayed because they're out of stock.

6:51 AM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

People have got to stop coming down so hard on blogs written in the heat of passion!

7:46 AM  
Blogger P said...

Men are also facetious fuckers. Just terrible all around. ;)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home