chinchilla on the loose

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Snow and Sunshine!

I hat a close to perfect weekend. And the only reason I say "close to" is that I fell asleep too early on sunday night. Started out on friday by driving up to the mountains with Liz and her beau, and GUs and drinking and eating and chilling in the hot tub. Was annoyed that we didn't leave as early as we planned but forgot about it quickly. I get really anxious about leaving for trips - especially when I'm so sick of work I just want to get out of town!!!

I spent Saturday teaching Gus how to snowboard and he made good progress. It was good for me too since I needed a refresher. Then ran some errands and went ice skating! I hadn't done that in ages and forgot what a work-out it was. Then had some good seafood and crashed out. Spent sunday skiing and watching a bad football game. Then. back home about as tired as I could be.

Even though it was only a weekend, it was one of those that feels like I've actually been away for a while and did't think about work, or stress, or money. I need to get away more, but...I have no money. Gus and I survived our first vacation/get-away together and there was no fighting or crying or whining. He was great and carried stuff for me and helped me with my ski boots. The weekend was wintery and beautiful and really felt like December and all that is good about the holidays.

And now I'm back and looking forward to the next weekend which will be full of holiday parties. One of them is a formal event, which is nice because I never have an excuse to dress up. I don't know what I'm going to wear yet but I'll figure it out. I'm torn between dresses, red and sexy, or black and boring.

The second party is an ugly sweater party. I spent my lunch at Goodwill and only found 2 or 3 christmas sweaters and they weren't even THAT ugly. I was expecting it to be very easy but it might take some work. I guess they've been picked over :(

I haven't started my Christmas shopping at all. I don't know what I'm doing as far as that goes at all. I don't even know what I'd really like from anyone. It's wierd how you always want stuff but when it's crunch time all you get is a blank. Like when you go to the record store and can't think of any CD's you want. Or any movies you want to rent when you're in Blockbuster. Or any of the books you want to read when you're at Barnes and Noble. I'd like to make presents but I don't have many talents. I can't even think of anything I know how to make - ugh.

I'll probably spend my day off on Wednesday shopping around. After the Price is Right of course!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

I had a blast with you this past weekend babe, It was so nice to get away from everything and spend some quality time together!!! We definitely need to do that more often!!! Thank you again for being the best snowboard teacher ever, you were so patient, caring & explained things in a way that was easy to understand. You're the best!!!!! Thanks again babe!!!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I had fun too!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home