chinchilla on the loose

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Morning in the Burbs

It's Christmas morning and everyone is sleeping - I slept on the carpet and some cushions here in the heart of suburbia (no spare room for me). I'm waiting for a delicious brunch and I wish people would just wake up and hang out with me already. I'm sure they all had better nights than me, and are still rolling around in warm and soft beds. Except for my younger bro of course, who I think pulled an all nighter with some game or another.

I feel totally spoiled this year. I couldn't think of anything I needed so evertying I got was a nice luxury item - and those gifts are great; because they're something you would never buy for yourself, or I wouldn't anyway, and then everytime you look at them, you get reminded that some body out there thought of you, and decided you deserved to be spoiled and showered with attention.

My time with the family was great - there was no fighting - wooohooo! My family is a passionate bunch and we've had some Roseanne patented Thansgiving type dinners. If you know what I mean, you're my people. I feel very fortunate to have had my whole family here to share this time with me.

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home