chinchilla on the loose

Friday, January 05, 2007

Saddam Bundy

I just watched the Saddam clip on Youtube. It felt ill to watch it. Everyone condemned the taping of the hanging, and called it vile, and yet everyone is watching it.

Wierd thing is, I almost feel bad for him. I always root for the underdog. I know he was a tyrant and and evil bastard, but when he's being mocked and about to die, he's the underdog. I'm such a weak sap and I want to make things better for the poor little victim - it's really ass backwards.

I even felt bad for Ted Bundy at the end of the movie, when he was begging the judge that he did not do it, lying through his teeth.

I'm very glad they both got caught, and punished....it's just in the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I am with you on that one - I pity the underdog as well, and the whole execution deal was not right.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home