chinchilla on the loose

Monday, November 26, 2007

Self Diagnosis + Beer = Self Medication

So I have Bronchitis. From Wikipedia:

Acute bronchitis usually lasts approximately 20 or 30 days. It may accompany or closely follow a cold or the flu, or may occur on its own. Bronchitis usually begins with a dry cough, including waking the sufferer at night. After a few days it progresses to a wetter or productive cough, which may be accompanied by fever, fatigue, and headache. The fever, fatigue, and malaise may last only a few days; but the wet cough may last up to several weeks.

Good times. I've been sick since the 15th and my pod mate was diagnosed with it, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that this is what I've got - and wiki describes how I've felt to a T. At least it's something that doesn't restrict my going to work.....I can still get out of bed and have some energy, even if it's not as much as normal.

So I probably have about 10 more days of coughing to deal with. And I feel bad for myself, I admit it, I do! But I also feel bad for all the people like Gus and my roommie that have to listen to the dry hacking. And now I probably got Gus sick too.

I know I'm not contagious anymore - but UGH!!!!! I was going to go to the doc's today but aparently, antibiotics don't help, because it's viral not bacterial - so come on everyone, feel bad for me....PLEASE!

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

Dr. P feels bad for you and recommends the potent power of Buckley's cough syrup. It stops the cough and, if you drink enough, it's also a wicked high.

Err, or something.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home