chinchilla on the loose

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

$27 Well Spent

Last night the roommie and her boy-toy and I went to see Swell Season - which is the musical duo that stars in the movie Once. Most people probably haven't seen it, it was great but I don't know if I'd watch it again. It was kinda like watching a 90 minute music video for a bunch of different songs? But yet not for a medley.

Anyway, it was amazing and the singers and music sound absolutely perfect live, better than their recordings - which I think is becoming more and more rare in some of our less talented entertainers. Marketa is the perfect yin to Glenn's yang.

I brought my cd to get it signed and I did!!!!! I'm not a star chaser or anything, but their music touches me, and I figure they're not big enough to be swarmed after the show. I only got to talk to Glenn though. He was extremely cordial to even the wierdos that were showing him pictures of their kids and going on and on. It also struck me how small he was - not much taller than me, at all. People look so big on the screen, and even on stage. And Marketa was even tinyer; I'm sure I have 50 lbs on her. Maybe that's why see our celebrities as "larger than life".

Overall, I was happy to be the third wheel, and thoroughly enjoyed everything. One of my favorite parts of the show was a long violin solo song - my favorite instrument - and I'd love to get my hands on that recording. I wish them all the luck, and a soundtrack Oscar, for shiz.

3 Comments:

Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

It's called "The Blue Shoes" by Colm Mac Con Iomaire.

12:29 PM  
Blogger P said...

pants

It comes with the painful hand-recorded-and-on-Youtube sound quality but still cool.

9:31 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

Thanks guys! I can track it down now!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home