chinchilla on the loose

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Unneccessary Violence

I haven't felt that unsafe in my neighbourhood - even though there's lots of dilapidated housing and definitely a lower income crowd living around me. Even when we called the cops - or rather the roommie's ex did - I wasn't really feeling it - it was for a bunch of drunk people that looked like they were about to take their screaming and cussing fight to a physical level. I guess I just consider that all drunk talk - especially since it was between girls.

Another reason is that I have a large dog who looks pretty mean when he wants to, and pepper spray. But all of this seems pretty trivial when I think about the fact that people around me are brandishing guns. In my last neighbourhood, the only time I was ever scared was when I slept on the couch downstairs and woke up to a gunshot, and then another one 2 or so minutes later closer to me. I was happy for my safety doors.

Here I have low windows, normal doors, no second floor.....just a dog, and pepper spray.

Two people got shot less than two blocks away from my house today - one in the face, and one in the head - and luckily both are expected to survive. This was robbing the corner store. There is no way you could rob that place and get more than $200, but some people just suck being fucking evil sucking.

They haven't caught they guy, but I hope it's only a matter of time. There are too many children running around here for that kind of thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

If you want, we can get a gun. Or we can teach Cocoa karate. Your choice.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home