chinchilla on the loose

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Living the Dream

So I promised to speculate on my perfect life - in a perfect world......

In my perfect life, I am living in Hawaii with Gus and Bishalish and maybe some other puppies. We live by the beach and I own a sushi restaurant. It has a beach side bar and I'm a good boss - and my employees love me. I spend my free time swimming with Bish and Gus, snorkeling, biking down volcanoes and sitting on the beach with mojitos. Gus and I travel a lot - especially since he's a pro poker player and has to go to poker games all over the world.

Reality does not allow for this dream life - that's why I'm not living it! And I'm not sure I'll ever get to live it. My student loans make it impossible to even consider having the capital to start a restaurant. Bish would have to go into HI quarantine for up to 3 months - and I could never do that to him!

But the more I thought about it the more I realized that I'm doing the best I can. I may not own my own sushi restaurant, but my job is relatively stress free and pays decently, and I can afford to go out for sushi once in a while - especially Happy Hour. I don't live by the ocean but make every effort to get to the local beach with a cocktail and my two favorite boys. And in the winter I get up to skiing as much as possible. I can't really do much more than this, but I'm happy and I like my life right now - and maybe some day I'll get closer.

For now, it's beers and sandwiches at the local reservoir, with Gus and the ball fetching crackhead. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Travelingrant said...

Heh, see my dream is like that, only swap out Gus for my girlfriend, and a sushi bar for an Okonomiyaki restaurant. (still Japanese, but more beefy/porky than fishy) But I dunno about Hawaii, of course, I haven't been there. Yet.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Aww, your two favorite boys!! Oh, that's Bish and Gus. Darn it!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home