chinchilla on the loose

Monday, July 16, 2007

Farewell To My Apartment

This was the last weekend in my place in the cool part of the city. What makes it cool you ask? UGh - the list is endless, right down to having a great bagel shop and a blockbuster in my backyard and the smell of Indian food that is faint right outside my house. I live one block from one of the cooler bars in town and walking distance to three parks and a grocery store. I'm stumbling distance from many many places - including 3 concert venues. I live one block from the creek biking trail that runs through the whole city and finally a biking distance from Gus's house. I am sad.

My new place is pretty cool though and I take full credit for finding this diamond in the rough. I wasn't too interested in living in this part of town but I walked there on saturday from my old place and it only took 30 minutes - and at least I'll be a short cab ride from most places anyway. My roommate doesn't care too much about walking or biking to places so she's pretty happy. And I know my dog will be much happier with a bigger yard and one in the front as well.

So on saturday I started packing and I have a lot more packing to do. At night, Gus and I walked over to the bar for some pool and food - they have the best cheese sticks!

Anyone that wants to help me move is welcome - I will provide beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home