chinchilla on the loose

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Series Finale

At first I was annoyed. If you don't watch Sopranos then you've been spared. And if you haven't heard about it, then please tell me where you've been, because it has to be the same magical place where you don't hear about Paris Hilton.

So after all is said and done, the Sopranos ended over onion rings and Journey. At first I was annoyed. But looking back on it I guess I'm glad. After all, even though he's a maniac, I wanted Tony to love his family, and to be loyal to his wife and for them all to end up together. I know he's evil and he's supposed to be the bad guy, but you kinda gotta like him; the show forces you too. And in the end, what do you have if not onion rings and family? Maybe not YOUR family, but hopefully someone you can count on to eat onion rings with you.

Just a small town girl, livin in a lonely worldShe took the midnight train goin anywhereJust a city boy, born and raised in south detroitHe took the midnight train goin anywhereA singer in a smokey roomA smell of wine and cheap perfumeFor a smile they can share the nightIt goes on and on and on and onStrangers waiting, up and down the boulevardTheir shadows searching in the nightStreetlight people, living just to find emotionHiding, somewhere in the nightWorking hard to get my fill,Everybody wants a thrillPayin anything to roll the dice,Just one more timeSome will win, some will loseSome were born to sing the bluesOh, the movie never endsIt goes on and on and on and on(chorus)Dont stop believinHold on to the feelinStreetlight people

5 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I somehow managed to see the ending, the last 5min of the last show, but I don't watch Sopranos so I didn't get angry or annoyed. Plenty of people are that and more, however, and there's a bit of a media thing going about the poor disappointed fans, or some such. I wonder, though, if a different, more conclusive ending would've gotten this much attention and debate, unless maybe it was exceptionally grizzly and sickening in some way. It shouldn't have angered fans so much that they'll skip the movie if/when it comes out and now the last two people who managed to avoid the show know about it.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

baby, you can count on me to eat onion rings with you always and forever!! :-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger chinchilla said...

I think the typical Witness Protection Program would have been contrived. So would the blood bath that everyone was expecting. This ending was right - not your typical American closure but just right, and I found it stirring.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I concur baby, it seemed like it was a perfect ending for this show.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Travelingrant said...

That magical place is called Japan. ;-) It's really nice, especially as the Presidential election drive kicks into full swing.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home