chinchilla on the loose

Friday, June 01, 2007

Just Can't Keep It On

Ugh - I was just in a bathroom with two swimsuit models getting ready for a photo shoot with nothing but their swimsuits on. Where I work we put out ads and they have pictures, and these our shot at our lovely photo studio. Ugh - it's been about oh say - 10 years if not 28 since I've felt good in a swimsuit? These girls had not an ounce of body fat where they shouldn't nor did they have any cellulite.

My friend - we shall call him Rett is always complaining about not being able to keep the weight on. I was also at the gym last week when a girl was weighing herself, and someone joked "don't worry, your shoes add 20lbs", she answered, "Oh, that's not my problem, I can never keep it on"......Boooooo hooooo, you get to drink, eat and sit around a little more than you'd like to so that you can KEEP IT ON!

I tell Rett that is a good problem to have and tell him about how if I'm bad for 4 days in a row I can bet I've gained weight. I don't weigh myself ever, but I do know how my clothes fit and everything I do makes a difference. As a result, I work out about 3-4 times a week and count calories almost every day of my life and as my metabolism slows down it will only get worse and more difficult to stay in shape and keep my energy up. I'm healthier now then I've been before, and it feels great, but it can get so tiring.

Rett makes a good point - the true answer is that NOBODY's happy with their bodies. I find this hard to swallow without a stiff drink to wash it down with. I know everything is relative and I'm generally healthy and lucky, and I'm sure that plenty of girls with less will power or slower metabolisms than mine, wish to have a body like mine when they see me walk by......but I just don't have any pity for the likes of Gisele Bundchen saying she worries because she doesn't get hit on as much as when she was younger, or how hard her awkward phase was in high school!

And yes, maybe everyone has insecurities that are all relative, but you fast-metablolism I-get-to-eat-what-I-want people - please, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I don't know what the world's problem is but you're perfect. Maybe they're in denial.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home