chinchilla on the loose

Monday, May 07, 2007

munday

So what did I learn yet again? That you can't actually make the weekend last longer if you just keep drinking and refuse to go to sleep - but it will be a lot more difficult to get up on the monday morning. But it's hard to remember when you're with your favorite person having fun and you just don't want to let it go.

It was another great weekend with family time. And this reminds me that even though my job is unfullfilling good things happen; love happens. People stay together for 50 years and are still happy together, your brothers will let you be silly and play bad trivial pursuit, your dog will always kiss you.

I will get through the days by remembering that one of these days I'll get to stop paying rent. I'll have my own house, no correct that, home, and I'll plant flowers that I like in the yard, and some kale and tomatoes. I will sit out there on warm summer afternoons when the sun is going down, with a man I would do anything for, and who would do anything for me. We'll have cocktails and a weeping willow, or a cherry tree. If we're really lucky we'll have a hot tub and hammocks. I'll only count calories for myself and I won't worry anymore that one day it will all fall apart and no one will love me. Maybe we'll be able to work less. He won't have a job that makes him travel away from me all the time because I love to sleep with him and wake up with him - unless it's Gus and he plays poker - then I'll deal with it and get more dogs and learn to talk dirty on the phone.

People say that you're not supposed to like your job - that's why it's a job not a hobby. And yes, I can accept that I just won't be fulfilled at work and will have to find all the other things in that I will love and live for those things. But when 40 hours out of 168 are spent at work - shouldn't you do something that you love? Isn't there a better way to spend a whole quarter of your time? I don't know what the right answer is, but I know that people go out on a limb and they get jobs being stand up comedians and doctors. Maybe I don't have the talent or the drive it takes to have a non cookie cutter job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home