chinchilla on the loose

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

White Bitch

Last night I was coming back from Volleyball at about 1am - and yes, I am tired today. Upon getting in my car I turned on the parking lights so I could see my stereo, and put in a language speaking tape. Then I made the classic mistake of forgetting to turn on my regular lights.

About five minutes later, I was at an intersection when I heard honking. I looked around and there was a pick up truck 2 lanes to the left of me. Some guy holding a cell phone was signaling for me to roll my window down. I did. Then he said "Turn your lights on, bitch!"

WTF? This person doesn't know me at all? What gives him the need to call me a bitch? My heart jumped a bit and I wondered what I should do. In a really quick decision I decided to ignore him because as recent events have reminded us, you never know who has a gun.

But why is this acceptable? The man (and I use the term loosely) looked to be in his late 20's or early 30's.....and either of middle eastern decsent or hispanic descent. Now if I said "thanks towelhead" or "that's very thoughtful you beaner" he would have probably changed his direction and ran me off the road. So why can he say this to me and think it's OK?

The political correctness in our society is truly twisted and selective.

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

Once as I was walking down my street a car went close by a parked truck where some guy was unloading something or other. It wasn't super-dangerous but the car ought to have gone slower and given the truck more space... and then the delivery guy started yelling "fucking faggot" down the street. You've go to love people...

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home