chinchilla on the loose

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh Dear Sweet Double Meat

Dear Subway,

I was at your location # 37717 just before noon today, which is out of my way but I was in a different neighbourhood. I go to subway every wednesday because the turkey breast sub is on special for 2.79 - and I always get the same thing - turkey breast, 6 inch, double meat. I am always charged the 2.79 plus one dollar extra for the meat, and tax.

Today was no exception but I was charged $5.03. I asked "can't you give me the special price and then just charge me for the double meat?" she said she did that and started to go on to the next customer.

I said "no, that doesn't make sense, it should be about $4 or less". She proceeded to show me the receipt which showed no detail. Then I walked her through the math and she just looked perplexed - then said "I don't know, it's not taking it".

Now I know that I was only overcharged a dollar, but that dollar amoutns to being overcharged 25% of the total correct meal cost. And a dollar is a dollar. In my opinion, she should have at least offered to give me the dollar in cash and then tried to get help from some one to fix the register charge later.

I think it is wrong to charge some one the wrong price and then just give an "you're SOL look" and not try to fix the situation. Please respond, I do not want to quit being a loyal customer.

PS, the rest of the staff was incredibly friendly and efficient.

1 Comments:

Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

No, you were right, you stuck by your guns and convictions and were right in doing so. I have seen them give you the double meat at the special price, she just didn't know how to ring it up. Her fault, not yours.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home