chinchilla on the loose

Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight

It was still dark when my alarm went off this morning. I love it! It's officially close to summer - I can already see myself on a warm summer night sitting outside with a beer and a frisbee. Today is beautiful - almost like a summer day. I hope the weather gods aren't just playing a cruel joke on us and giving us great weather only to dump another 2 feet of snow on us in a week or so.

I love living somewhere with seasons. While I think beach life is definitely for me - I would miss winters. If nothing else, winters are a good excuse to curl up with someone special or a blankie, and eat a bowl of piping hot chili while watching a movie. Skiing, cashmere, mittens, snowflakes....... It would be tough to live somewhere where it's always too hot to eat chili.

I'm hoping to do a lot of camping this year. Gus is planning on running the Pikes Peak marathon (because he's insane) so we'll be spending a lot of time up in the mountains so he can train. Beer, fire, my dog, turkey hot dogs, whiskey........aaaahhhhhh.

I'm sitting at work dreaming of the better things I could be doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

We'll be camping before you know it babe!! I can't wait!!!!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home