chinchilla on the loose

Friday, February 02, 2007

Frozen Snot

It's really effing cold here today. The snow is crunchy and so are my boogers. I'm wearing wool and I'm still cold. The word wool always makes me think of being a kid in Poland and having those mittens that have the string that goes through your coat and sleeves, so that your mittens just hang down when you take them off and you can never lose them. Thos mittens were so authentic and wooly that when they got wet they actually smelled like sheep and farm - and i still remember that smell - it wasn't pleasant, but these days I'd swear it was.

So this is the coldest day of the year. My buyer ran 9 miles this morning - that's before 7am folks. I don't know how you can breath when your snot has frozen your nose shut. At least I have Mexico to look forward too...............

Soon, I might possibly have Tobago to look forward to? My friend has a timeshare on loan on the island, for workign some overtime or something and it sleeps six - so my cost is flight, food and booze. She has invited me and another old friend and three I don't know, and it will only be ladies. I have never been on an all girl's trip, and never got to do the spring break thing or travel sans beau so this will be my girly spring break - minus the drunken one night stand with two frat boys that in A & F and oozing herpes!

I have no money at all to be doing this. But I did find out that I need to fly in to Port o Spain rather than Tobago, which makes the flight only, and I use the term only very loosely, $600. But if I'm not using my earnings on living my life to the fullest then I'm wasting it away. Debt will get paid down eventually, and as long as nothing is getting repo'ed I'll be fine one day. And if I die one day, yes if, I'll never think "dang......I never paid that credit card off" - but I might think "dang, I never ate picked a fresh coconut and filled it with rum before snorkeling with sea turtles!". And I always say, if I die in debt, then I WIN - even if it is from malaria!

1 Comments:

Blogger Juana Beso said...

AMEN girl! :)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home