chinchilla on the loose

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Where Do Dead Birds Go?

No seriously, they're everywhere and it's rare I see a dead bird. And then most are road kill. I must assume that some drop dead in the middle of flying, like people having heart attacks during sex - but I never seen no dead bird falling out of the sky. WHERE DO THEY GO????

So I'm sitting here gnawing on my fingernails. I done good. I got a hotel that's 100 feet from the starting line so Gus could pretty much roll out of bed for the marathon. I'm sitting in a quaint mountain town hotel room that has a pool, outdoor hot tub, and in room jacuzzi for when he's done with his tired feet. I've been up since 430am so I hope I can stay up late tonight and give him lotsa attention........and how long will he stay up anyway? This place even has an old dog that sits outside and lets you pet her - Angel - they say she's only 3 but I don't believe it. She barely moves. I miss bishalishous.

I walked to the finish line this morning, which I was told was a mile away. In fashionable flip flops I wasn't really feeling it, but I figured if my baby is running 24 miles this morning, I can walk a mile for him and figure out where I'll find him later. Shortest mile I ever walked. The friendly stranger has no sense of distance. The town is so cute. I walked around and window shopped - literally, because everything was closed. Considering this is one of the biggest accomplishments in Gus's life, I'd really like to get him something here, but I saw nothing that really represented him, this accomplishment, or us...........yeah, he already got a free shirt with the marathon package. I don't like to get people useless crap and I know I have a lot of it and most people I know have a lot of it so I'm not going to get anything unless I feel it in my heart........but I sooooooooooooo want to find something! Any ideas anyone?

The closest I found was a sign - "Plan for the future - Buy Two Cases of Beer". Ugh - gift shops.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Baby, I can't begin to thank you enough for everything this weekend. Finding & Booking the hotel, Encouraging me and cheering me on, being there to support me and take care of me after I didn't finish the race. You are the Effing BEST!!!!! I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Travelingrant said...

Holy crap thats a lot of o's. But yeah, thats pretty high class. Still, ditch the LV, fake or not, LV is ghetto.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home