chinchilla on the loose

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Faking It

Sex and the City teaches that fake purse does not a proud woman make - but it's soooooo cute!

My dad went to China on business. There he knows a market area where you can get designer purses dirt cheap - Prada, Vuitton, Coacth.....you name it. However, the purse he bought me this last time - after doing some research I found out is fake. Can I still use it? I'm torn.

On the one hand, the differences are tiny and mostly cosmetic. The materials seem to be the same strong Luis Vuitton leather that lasts forever. On the other hand, anyone who's researched it would be able to look at it and tell it's a fake by a tiny detail. And do I want to be judged like that?

I'm not sure what to do.....I also don't want to leave a gift abandoned and unused.

I guess an important question - since it's not a real Luis Vuitton, is "would I still sport it if it didn't have the designer name attached to it?" Because otherwise, I'm sporting it for the name, when it's not even really that name.

But it's sooooo effing cute. I'm torn.

2 Comments:

Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Don't be torn. If you love it, use it. I'm just sayin'

7:55 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

I say use it as well

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home