chinchilla on the loose

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Am I Back?

I don't know. I might be over this whole blogging thing. I still like to read all y'all's, but sometimes I feel like there's nothing going on, and the times I feel most like writing is when I'm unhappy, and it's always about the same old shit. But a lot has gone on in the past month....maybe that's for later tales, but I have learned you're never too old to participate in your first keg stand.....ya delta kappa signa pi - or something....jk.

On Thursday I had the pleasure of attending my friend's studio opening. I'm very happy for her. I met her in college, fine arts major, painting. She's been a starving artist since, and fell on hard times and lost her old studio. She has a new one way out of Boulder (where there are no streetlights or liquor stores) and her work is flourishing again. She's sold all but 2 paintings from the last gallery opening I attended and is very happy in her work. The party was fun, I collaborated on one major painting and did two of my own. Although...it was nowhere near the debauchery of a studio opening 4 years ago, because we're all getting old, it was great to see the Boulder peeps.

And although she is full filled and following her dream and I am happy for her, I can't help but be glad that I have a steady job and income. She needs a root canal because she hasn't seen a dentist in many many years, and now she has to pay for it out of her pocket. I get to go to the dentist all the time. There is a price to be paid for following your passion at all costs. And I hate tooth cleanings enough to know I don't ever want a root canal.

I'll try to remember that on Monday when I'm bitter and recovering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home