chinchilla on the loose

Friday, March 14, 2008

Crazy two weeks....

So the two weeks of fun and vacation are up and now I have no vacations to look forward to for a while. As travelling and eating and drinking are my passions, this makes me a little sad. But more than that I'm happy.

I'm happy to have spent so much time with family I don't get to see much. My Ukrainian was much better than I thought, and with my cousins' little English, and some signs, we managed to communicate everything that we wanted to to each other. The downside of the trip was that my cousin tore her knee up, ACL, MCL and meniscus - and worse than that her travel insurance totally screwed her and refused to pay for the surgery. Since health care in Poland is a federal program, the wait time for the surgery is about 6 months back logged - good times.

A lot of family celebrated their birthdays here and I got to meet my new cousins: the three year old twins you might remember from my-uncle-knocked-a-nanny-up fame. They're sooooooo cute. The boy has our typical round family face and the girl looks like her mommy.

We all spent about a week or more up in the mountains skiing, snow mobiling and chilling in the hot tub. Also, playing bored games and even putting together puzzles. I'm going to miss them. Then back from the mountains and rushing to get ready for New Orleans, while trying to spend some last minutes with the family that stayed behind longer...

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

bored games? Deliberate slight or a Freudian slip?

he he he

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home