chinchilla on the loose

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sweet Tori




About a month ago I bought tickets to see Tori Amos thinking that hey, I have good seats, if I decide I don't want to go I can always change my mind and sell them. Well, it didn't' sell out and I didn't get on that ball anyway, and I kinda wanted to see her, so Gus was sweet enough to go see an artist he's barely heard of.

Even though I was tired I don't regret it at all. We left in the middle of the encore but it wasn't because it wasn't a good show. This was a different Tori than I listened to a long time ago and I haven't listened to her much since. The Tori I knew seemed less confident, more au naturel, and less happy. This Tori was glamorous, sported cool wigs and was much more confident and fashion forward. The lighting for the show was some of the best lighting I've ever seen. But since I knew almost none of the music, it was kind of like listening to a live CD I've never heard with amazing vocals and the piano as the primary glorious instrument. But I'm not one to listen to a lot of music I don't know, so I could only take so much of it through my tired yawns.

Anyway, thanks for the great show Tori! You sound as good as ever.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home